Founded in 1938 by the following: J Laurie, G McDounough, J Smith, A Fraser, J McCook, J Urquhart, J Stuart, G Forbes, J Stewart, J Gray, J Campbell, J Jameson, H Younie, Miss E Young, Miss K Reid and Miss G MacKenzie. All of whom enjoyed cycling and decided they would prefer to do it as an organised group. Although initially formed as a Touring Club it wasn't long before some of the members decided to dabble in racing: Time Trials and Grass Track and later Road Races. One of our most outstanding members was W Stuart who was the first recipient of the Scottish Cyclists' Union Gold Badge of Honour for Services to Cycling. In 1972 with donations from Club Members we purchased a plot of land in Cumming Street, Forres and built our own Clubrooms making us one of the first if not the first club in Scotland to own their clubrooms. One of our present members and Club President Peter H Robertson was Scottish 25 Mile Time Trial Champion and Record holder and won several Gold, Silver and Bronze Scottish Championship Medals for various events in his youth. In the last few years he has won Gold, Silver and Bronze in his age group at the British and World Masters Track Championships. Quite an achievement as he is now 70+. Another current member George Grant now in his late 60's has never missed a seasons racing for the last 50+ years. The Club celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2013.